How to recover iPhone text messages?
When you are using your iPhone, sometimes you may accidently delete text messages or lose them due to other unexpected reasons. If there is much important information there, it will be a disaster for you. So when your iPhone SMS have gone, what can you do to rescue them?
In fact, there are two ways to recover deleted text messages from iPhone. One way is to use a third-party tool that directly scans and recovers deleted iPhone SMS from your iPhone. The other way is to regain your lost iPhone text messages by extracting your iTunes backup file.
Note: If you want to use the second method, make sure that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes since these messages were received but you haven't synced your iPhone with iTunes since the messages were deleted. Do not sync your iPhone with iTunes before restoring your iPhone messages from your iPhone's backup. And if you are prompted to update your iPhone backup before retrieving these texts, decline.
Aiseesoft FoneLab is a good assistant for iOS devices. It can easily recover the data lost due to jailbreak, iOS upgrade, factory setting, etc. It is able to recover the lost or deleted data from iTunes backup and iOS devices directly. So you don't need to worry about losing data ever again!
Directly recover deleted text messages from iPhone
1. Run the software, select "Recover from iOS Device" mode and connect your device (eg. iPhone 5s). Once detected, the current device name and iOS version will be displayed on the interface of program.
2. Click "Start Scan" button to begin scanning your device for deleted data on it.
3. Select the text messages you want to regain, click "Recover" to begin recovering the deleted text messages.
Tip: If your device is iPhone 4/3GS, iPad 1 and iPod touch 4, you need to download a plug-in according to the prompt, and follow the three steps below to enter scanning mode.
1. Hold your iOS device in hand and click the Start button.
2. Press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time for exact 10 seconds.
3. Release Power button and keep holding Home button for another 15 seconds.
Recover deleted iPhone SMS from iTunes backup
1. Run the software, select "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode.
2. All iTunes backup files will be all listed in the left list area including information about device name, Last backup date and serial number.
3. Select the device you want to recover and then click "Start Scan" to enter into scanning mode.
4. After the scan, you can preview all data found on your device in the scan result. The category and number of files will be listed in the left sidebar and the specific content will be displayed on the right panel. Just click "Messages" and then select the text messages you want to restore.
5. Click "Recover" to regain and save your SMS in local disc.